Indian camp on Lake Huron Paul Kane (1810-1871) Archaeological records reveal the presence of aboriginal people in the southern regions of the Canadian border, dating from 11,000 years ago. We found evidence of aboriginal settlements of post-Paleolithic and Manitoulin Island near Killarneys. In the first encounters between the Ojibwa and Ottawa tribes (tribe) (First Nations of Canada), as they call themselves Anishinaabe (plural: Anishinaabeg), and lived along the shores of north, east and west of the Bay Georgia. The ferret (or Wendat) and petunas (Tionontati) inhabited the lands along the south coast. The names of the islands as “Manitoulin (of Gitchi Manitou, the Great Spirit) and” Giant’s Tomb “are indicative of the richness of the cultural history of the area. Aboriginal communities still live in their lands and practice their cultural traditions.The first European to visit this area one was probably the adolescent student interpreter tienne Br l , who in 1610 was sent to live with Onontchataronon, Ottawa River Algonquin village, where every winter and came to live Arendarhonon tribe of the Huron (Wendat) forming a confederation of towns on the southern tip of Georgian Bay, in the area now called Huronia. Brul them a return visit to those Arendarhonon in 1611 while a fellow young interpreter, a young man remembered as “Thomas”, was hired by the French surgeon and businessman Daniel Boyer, who probably arrived in Huronia, in company of Onontchataronon. In 1615, a French employee of Brule, Samuel de Champlain Explorer, visited the Bay of Georgia and spent the winter in Huronia. Summer was preceded by a Recollect missionary named Joseph Le Caron, who lived among the Hurons in 1615 and 1616 and subsequently in 1623 until 1624.Another Recollect missionary, Gabriel Sagard, visited from 1623 until 1634. The French Jesuit Jean de Br beuf, began a mission in Huronia in 1626, and founded the first European mission of Sainte-Marie, Ontario, in 1639 in what is now the city of Midland. The Jesuit mission of Sainte-Marie among the Hurons rebuilt, is now a historical park operated by the province of Ontario. Also nearby is the Martyrs’ Shrine, a Catholic church dedicated to the Martyrs in Canada, some Jesuits who were killed around Georgian Bay in the 17th century. Penetanguishene, also located on the southern tip of the bay near Midland, was created as a naval base in 1793 by John Graves Simcoe.